Thursday, November 19, 2009

ROOT CANAL PART II :(


Tomorrow is going to be the second part of my oral root canal surgery at Dr. Rush’s office. Although I hate doing this more than anything else, I am glad that it will be over with by noon tomorrow. I will be forced to drive all the way to Tempe tonight right after class today so that I can get a good night sleep in before my early appointment tomorrow. The appointment is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. so I will have to get up early enough for some breakfast and all that good stuff.

I will probably end up bringing my own movie so that I can watch it on their LCD monitor located directly over my head so that I can focus on something else than the sharp needles and tools drilling and my teeth and gums. I can envision it now, I will be extremely grumpy because it is will be to early for my liking and I will be going to the dentist which makes everything horrible. I will walk in and the Mormon assistants will be hyper and extremely annoying, all chatting amongst themselves with a few questions directed towards me here and there.

The receptionists at the desk always make sure I pay the full amount before the procedure begins. That’s another thing that is completely ridiculous, I can’t believe how much it costs to get a root canal. It is over a grand with insurance aid. To me that is overly ridiculous, but then again it is apart of life and it is something that is mandatory. I always have to remind myself that I need to take better care of my teeth, brushing and flossing every day all day, because I will have them for the rest of my life. The only disadvantage about the whole situation on top of the financial discrepancies, is the fact that I have been waiting for an extra three weeks just to get my appointment in so I can finish the second part of y root canal surgery.

On top of that, everyday I have had to pop four pills a day (500mg) capsles everyday with a large glass of water with every pill. There is a quantity of fifty-four pills in each bottle of amoxicillin and I have had to refill once already. It is no fun but it is an anti-biotic that is needed in order to do this oral sugery on my tooth. But it is what it is and I have to deal with it. On the brighter side of things, I am just glad that I am not a dentist my self because I don’t think I could ever inflict pain on people like that like they do to their patients. That’s why I feel kind of bad for dentists even though they are getting straight paid. Because the dentist profession is one of the top professions with the highest suicide rate which is really sad and scary. Anyways im glad for tomorrow to be done with so I can move on with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment