Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Unwanted Dentist Appointment This Thursday

A root canal-a deep and nerve racking pain. This is what is expected of my time as a human being on this earth. Maintaining my body and my health. Going through excruciating pain with the help of prescriptions and numbing injections to numb the pain. An uncomfortable scene awaits me on this upcoming Thursday. Unfortunately, I am going to have to use my first absence in my English 306 Advanced Composition class because my appointment is at 5 O’clock P.M. This is my biggest concern. I loathe having to deal with my body when it demands medical attention because it takes away from my focus in school-especially when pain meds are involved.

If I could wish anything, it would be that I never had any pain in my teeth ever again-but this is not the case. I must admit, the family dentist that I have gone to single time I have ever been to the dentist, have improved tremendously with each new location. Each office gives me a different vibe depending on which one I have to go to that appointment. The new one on Alma School in Gilbert is by far my favorite out of all three locations. Nevertheless, the dentists office is never fun. Especially that my dentist and all his assistants are Mormon (no offense). They are all ridiculous, but they do their job well. I can’t complain. They are the one’s that are helping me, not vice versa. In addition they do. If there were one thing I could change it would be the decline position that they make you lay down in while they work on your teeth. I hate this position it is very uncomfortable and it makes my blood rush to my head- always light headed when I leave. I wish I didn’t have to do this.

It is Tuesday and the pain is inevitable, I really don’t like taking prescribed opiates because it makes me extremely tired and makes me be unproductive. Even my Dr. Rush told me, “Yes Aaron I believe your grades will slip throughout this procedure” after we discussed my time at the University of Arizona. Knowing that I have a dentist appointment this week and most likely every other week after that until Christmas it looks like. Damn this sucks. But I just got to keep reminding myself that I have to do this or I will have fake teeth. Gotta get it done. I need to focus my attention to something else. I am stoked that they have a LCD monitor directly above my face, I am thinking of bringing in a movie that I enjoy. Some sort of exciting movie or intriguing film to take me away from knowing that I am in a shitty dentist chair. As other hopeless patient lay on their chairs, we all try to make the best out of the situation. I cannot wait for the day when my dentist record is clean and I have nothing that I need to schedule except a check up/cleaning every six months. I need a “WOOOO_SAHH” moment and to take a deep breath as the next appointment is coming up this Thursday. Everything is going to be alright Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment