Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Day of Sorrow

Today is a day of sorrow. I have a dentist appointment at 3:15 today and I am not looking forward to it. My tooth hurts so bad, throbbing with pain as if a wrench was twisting my tooth around in a pinching conduct. Annoyed with acne due to stress, I cannot find relief or peace of mind whatsoever. I have my entire wardrobe for the weekend packed along with my books, laptop, and other miscellaneous items. I cannot believe the agony I put myself through before a dentist appointment. I don’t know why I dread it so much; after all, it is an effort to make my teeth healthier and to help enhance the appearance of my smile. I feel like my teeth will never be perfect though. After repeatedly seeing the dentist. It is always the same old process: I Walk in and sign in at the front desk, with the two same receptionists behind their computers waiting upon my arrival. Then I wait patiently for about an hour or so in the lobby, nervously waiting for the receptionist to call my name. Next, I am guided to the chair that I will lay down on for the remainder of the time, getting my teeth torn apart from the inexperienced assistant before the main dentist, Dr. Rush comes to orally examine my teeth. The first step always sucks-this is the x-ray process. The dentist’s assistant takes around seven to ten pictures of my teeth; in which, she sticks a contraption in my mouth asking me to “bite down” as the metal digs deep into the bottom of my mouth. It seems that even something as simple as taking pictures of my teeth gives me pain along with all the other painful steps to help fix my teeth. After the x-rays a cleaning is required, I hate this because of the sharp metal scrapers that they use to strip all the plaque from my teeth. I cannot stand this because by the time she is finished, my gums are bleeding and in pain. The worst part about it is that I cannot swallow during this cleaning and if I do on accident, it makes it even shoddier and unpleasant due to all the fluoride and random chemicals that are in my mouth. The spray of the cold tool that she uses to rinse my teeth touches my sensitive toothache that sends a nerve shocking through my entire body that makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs. I feel Closter Phobic when I have fingers and tools inside my mouth that is completely sore from keeping it wide open for hour upon hour. Usually the T.V. screen works so I can focus my attention on something more entertaining than loud drilling sounds. The dentist comes over and examines my teeth, having his assistant type all of the several of things that need to be done to my teeth on a computer database. This is the worst part of the experience even though it is not painful, it is even more painful knowing all of the surgeries that I need next time I visit this upcoming week. I hate this. Shit, I have to get a root canal on top of other cavities and other teeth that need serious attention. I am scared and the worst news of all was that my dentist said that my grades are going to be negatively affected. This sucks because I have worked so hard in my classes, and now something like this is going to ruin what I have going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment