Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day- no school

A day of no school was exactly what I needed on this Wednesday. Today was a day of recovery and sleep. I really enjoyed being able to be extremely lazy. My daily horoscope that is dead center on my iGoogle said “You may be on edge today, yet you cannot pin your free-floating anxiety on any one thing. Instead of letting go of your concerns, you might attempt to exert additional control over your immediate environment, but this isn't a very wise strategy now. The tighter you hold the reins on reality, the more unpleasant surprises you will encounter. Yielding to external circumstances can temporarily alleviate the building pressures and smooth your ruffled feathers.” Sometimes I don’t know if my horoscope even relates or applies, but most of the time it is depending on my mood and the kind of day that I am having. I was really glad that my best friend Josh was able to come over and play music today. We dedicated many songs today for the classic artists that have changed the way music is played and the type of music that we cherish today. We played many covers today, including some great Led Zeppelin songs that sounded amazing. The only missing part to our band is a bass guitar player and the most important piece to the puzzle – the singer(s).

On top of the covers we played today, the songs that we create are by far the most original yet, complex and excellent pieces that we play. We read each other so well because our transitions with his musical memory that collides with my memory- we create the most beautiful sounds my ears have ever heard. I am blown away of both of our talents and capabilities after each and every song. This is my love and passion. I am in awe because of how easy it comes for us; it is incredible how easy we make it look. Although music does not pay and it is very expensive to run a band operation, it is something that many people in this world sacrifice to do something they love, which is playing music. And in the end, some find great success with their band and become legends in for their people in their generation. If I knew for a fact I would be financially stable for the rest of my life and I could play music, as well as run a variety of businesses, I would do it without thinking twice. I really hope a part of my life is dedicated to creating and performing great music for people. The musical realm is everything I love because the way that the sounds that combine perfectly with the rhythm of the drum beat- there is nothing greater. I have had many opportunities to go back stage as well as be on stage with the band from Huntington Beach, The Dirty Heads. I really value this experience that I had with this band because it really gave me a good idea of what it would be like if we were a band. I was able to put myself in the drummer’s shoes and pretend that I was playing in front of the crowd that was singing every word that Dirty J was spitting. I am so stoked I am homies with these funny ass dudes that get their shit done, my hats go of to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment