Thursday, November 5, 2009

BLOG THURSDAY Applying Kairos 11-5-09

Applying Kairos in my writing will require me to focus my attention to my audience first and foremost. The state of mind that involves traits such as emotional and ideological are important to consider when considering the state of mind an audience carries. Secondly, Rhetor(ethos) is important to build because I need to gain credibility with my audience by including principal points that arise because of the issue I am working with. Learning more about the history of divorce is definitely something to look into although divorce has existed throughout almost most of it. Yet, it is interesting to not that many people were put to death if they divorced their spouse. In many cases, divorce was never seen as acceptable, but today it has increased to a level where divorce is very common. The urgency of divorce is not high because it is a result of people’s own personal problems and choices. The rhetorical situation I will present for my next assignment, which is my Rhetorical Project. The real-world argument that I am preparing for my audience is strictly on divorce and the harm it is doing to our society because of the affects that it has on the innocent ones involved in the situation. There is a great opportunity that would be created if people heard my voice on the issues being discussed on divorce that would inspire positive changes in the world. I am not quite sure what the end result for the argument I am constructing is going to be right now but I am going to find that specific objective after a little more research in order to fulfill my goals for my self and my target audience. Considering that this is a valued controversy in many communities through America, Power Dynamics will be something I need to construct into my Kairos along with Interest, all flowing together at the right time and place with the space that is given in my situation. I need to identify motivation for Rhetor to have interest in the issue at hand so that they can frame it by something that they are interested/ concerned about to spark more issues within the divorce controversy. I believe that believes and values of divorce sway back and forth between what is believed as an ”okay reason to get a divorce” and an “unacceptable reason to get a divorce. I will use Kairos as I create a successful document that I develop very well that demonstrates the issue of divorce carefully and precisely that is suitable for the audience, context, and purpose. Also, I have already began looking through a variety of sources that will be needed in my argument to support my ideas and concerns. However, it is still up in the air of what type of document I am going to create for my Rhetorical Project. I have a few ideas but I am sure it will come to me in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment