Wednesday, October 28, 2009

H1N1 Virus Living In My House

I could not believe the news I heard this morning when I drove one of my roommates to school. Ryan said, “Hey so did you hear what they diagnosed Michael with when he went to Campus Health a few days ago?” I responded worriedly, “No, I didn’t is it bad?” Ryan replied, “Ya man, he has the H1N1 virus, he didn’t tell you”. I couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of his mouth as I started to panic. Thoughts quickly rushed to my head, I cant believe after all this time of wondering how common getting the Swine flu is, now my roommate has it, holy shit NOT COOL! I cannot contract this virus because I have to head down to Phoenix tomorrow to go see the dentist and I do not want to get sick right before. Hence, that is why I am sitting at the library with no viruses within twenty-five feet at least. I am wedged in between two bookshelves with the desk pushed up against a window on the fifth floor of the Main Library. This is the best place to go to on campus in my option, free from distractions, has a great view, and I am not around anyone. This is the only way I feel comfortable, especially with all the viruses and diseases that spread like chicken pox for a child that has never gotten them before. Seriously, it scares me just breathing the air in my house because I know the H1N1 virus is in my house, coming out of my roommate mike’s lungs. I talked to him earlier this morning but I was sketchy to him because I didn’t want to talk to him, let alone get near him and breathe in this unwanted flu that deteriorates the mind and body. I quickly prayed a simple prayer, but in a very serious way because I cannot afford to get sick, I need to be healthy. Above all, I need to be healthy for the remaining of this semester fall semester. I don’t mind being sick during breaks when school isn’t a priority; yet, I can’t stand to see my grades slip-especially over a stupid sickness. I have a two midterms and an extremely important essay due on Tuesday. I really need my health, please sickness go away you are not wanted. Not now. The only recommendation that we non-sick lings get from our doctors is to wash your hands, stay away from people that can get you sick, take your vitamins, sleep, and drink plenty of fluids. Well today I am on my “A” game with the antioxidants and vitamins because I don’t ever want to have the Swine flue ever in my lifetime. I have already been checked, which was last semester at Campus Health. I don’t need to go there again, my mentality must be positive in order to let the fear of getting sick go to my head because I can tend to do that from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment