Sunday, August 4, 2013

Kicking My Own Ass Into Gear

Here's the thing, I have came to the realization that in order for me to defeat this little thing called procrastination, I need to start kicking my own ass on a daily basis. Certainly, no one else will do this for me because I am the only one who really wants to help myself. We live in a crazy world and no one really wants to help me. Sure a select few people will try to push me and even fewer will inspire me, and even a smaller amount of those people will truly care about me. But the bottom line is people really care about themselves.

No more excuses, I have had enough of the procrastination plague in my day, it is time for the solution:

It's time to kick my own ass into gear! This is not a statement, it's an aphorism.

I can always grow my resource library... and I am not going to lie... I could have had a huge collection such as the books I own, cds, mp3s, presentation skills, positive resources, and even a handful uplifting attitude, creativity, and humor that I should have been reading and referring to daily. I have began a new chapter in my life as a more self disciplined, self-inspired, self-determined, self-starting hard worker and I see no signs of slowing down.

Today I typed my name in on Google to see what my personal position or 'report card' is on the Internet to see what an employer looking to hire would find if they looked me up. I remember when I first started brainstorming with the Cowboy Lifestyle Network during the earliest days of the company, I always talked about how I would quickly become an authority on Google by writing content for the site, social media, and having my own personal archive of articles. Sure enough after all that sacrifice and sweat equity, two years later, Google has given me more power than I could ever have imagined. Instead of celebrating victory, it is confirmation that I can now celebrate my effort. My attitude, innovation/creativity, work ethic, and drive has proven to be very important factors while building a business from the ground up. In addition to surrounding myself with 3 amazing mentors and select people who are there to uplift me rather than tear me down.

I am a firm believer that if you love what you do and are true to yourself and to others day in and day out, you will never have to work a day in your life. In the end, the only person responsible for your actions is yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment